1) It’s April, and you know what that means: (re-)posted today: “The Rock Band Mystery.” As I talked about a couple of weeks ago, there’s only one more story coming, because I’ve combined the last two into one (or, really, I finally realized that they were always two parts of the same story anyway).
2) Jo Eberhart wrote a post called, “Should eBooks be Available for Free?” It’s always fun when a question which could be answered with a simple yes or no sparks off thoughtful comments which go in a lot of interesting directions.
3) The first trailer for Kick-Ass 2 didn’t completely win me over. This one did. Because, yes, the movies are called “Kick-Ass,” but we all know who the real star is. (This one is SFW.)
4) I don’t know anything about Game of Thrones but I do know about Firefly, and I liked this. And, yes, I believe there is a misquote in there. Let me know if you see it, too. 🙂
5) I really liked this story.
6) I’m quite immersed in Les Miserables these days, and I do have to mention one of my favorite moments. It’s not often discussed, probably because it doesn’t have a big song attached to it, but it is a pivotal moment, both in terms of the plot and in terms of what it’s about.
Inspector Javert has tried to infiltrate the student revolutionaries, and he has been found out. Jean Valjean has been given the job of “dealing with” him.
Javert’s first thought, of course, is that Valjean will take the opportunity to kill him. When Valjean says that no, he is going to set him free, Javert assumes that Valjean wants a deal.
But no, as Valjean tells him, “You are wrong. You always have been wrong.”
People can change.
I once wrote a book about that (well, it was a third of a novel, but that third was novel-length all by itself). It’s a profound and wonderful thought.
And I always think about that when I write about starling, who is a major character in the story which I mentioned up at the top there. Which is also sort of about the same question.
So, give it a look. 🙂